Welcome!!!

Greetings and Welcome to my blog. It is a great day to be alive and well. Wishing you all the best.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Open Education

Wow, I just finished listening to the Open Education presentation.  Based on the title that was not what I was expecting.  It talked about the actual sharing of knowledge.  Not the transfer of information but the actual willingness to allow someone else in to freely take part in and use the information that you may have compiled.  It was a real eye opener as the presenter continued to speak I could see the real implications new technology will have on this area.  In the past it was fairly easy to limit the amount of information one shared however, with the growth of technology and the texting youth of today this no longer a concept left to the originator of the information.  As soon as the information is generated depending on the form it may be immediately shared with thousands.   

1 comment:

  1. Although I am a major fan of new and more innovative technology; the thought of instantaneously sharing information gives me the chills. Unlike in face-to-face communication, recorded communication makes me think of compliance and the need to edit before posting.

    The one thing I have learned as a student and instructor in a distance education environment is that each member of the class has a skill set with experiences that compliment the class as a whole. Yes, the books are educational, but not as practical as what I have learned from each of the students.

    ReplyDelete